The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
- METI requests tax reforms to accelerate activities related to the 4th Industrial Revolution.
- The ruling parties will decide the outline of tax reform in December.
- Promote quick and comprehensive business reorganization
- Exempt certain types of business restructuring, such as reorganizations to optimize business portfolio and corporate acquisitions using both cash and treasury shares, from tax to promote business reorganization in Japan.
- Fundamentally strengthen IT investment
- Promote the use of data through tax benefits for investment in systems to share and exchange data among businesses and achieve high-level cybersecurity.
- Extend tax incentives to promote investment in ventures
- Extend tax incentives for investment through venture funds to ensure sufficient funds for venture companies in local areas.