Industrial Structure Council
The Industrial Structure Council is an official organization established under Article 7 of the Act for Establishment of the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry.
The council carries out investigations and deliberations of important matters concerning METI's policy, particularly with regard to improving the economic strength of the private sector and promoting smooth international economic relations, in response to consultation by the Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry.
The Industrial Structure Council was established in January 2001 and its organizational framework was revised on June 2013.
Key Points of Economic and Industrial Policies
18th General Assembly (May 16, 2016)
- Future Vision of Innovative Industrial Structures : Strategies for taking the lead in the Fourth Industrial Revolution(PDF:6,186KB)
- Questions from the 21st Century for Japan (Discussion Paper) (PDF:2,011KB)
- New Industrial Structure Committee
- Development Committee for 2020 and Beyond
- Regional Economic and Industrial Policy Committee
- Trade Committee
- Committee on Industrial Science and Technology Policy and Environment
- Manufacturing Industry Committee
- Commerce, Distribution and Information Committee
- Industrial Safety Committee
- Intellectual Property Committee
Division in Charge
Industrial Structure Policy Division, Economic and Industrial Policy Bureau