What is CFP?
Carbon footprint of products = (LCA + Type3 environmental declaration) ×GHG
- Indicator of the greenhouse gases emitted throughout the life cycle of a product (from the extraction of natural resources to disposal).
- Providing information labels on products (visualization), companies can appeal to consumers their efforts to combat global warming.
- Promote reduction of corporate CO2emission throughout the supply chain.
- For more information, see "Carbon Footprint of Products in Japan" (PDF:2.39MB)
- What is the ‘Carbon Footprints’ of Products (leaflet) (PDF:443KB)
- Cabinet Decision on the Cabinet Order for the Partial Revision of the Order for Enforcement of the Act on Special Measures Concerning Procurement of Electricity from Renewable Energy Sources by Electricity Utilities(August 08, 2017)