Photovoltaic (PV) Power Generation
Data (as of 2005)
- Introduced capacity: Approx. 1.42 million kW ( 0.35 million kl crude oil equivalent)
- Power generation cost: Approx. ¥49/kWh
- CO2reduction cost (estimate): Approx. ¥69,000/t-CO2
Outlook of long-term energy demand (case of optimal introduction)
- Increase in introduced capacity by about 20 times compared to FY 2005 in around 2020
- Reduction in system price by about half in 3-5 years (policy target)
- Drastic reductions in power generation costs are expected.
- Potential introduced capacity is large for both household and non-household purposes (can be introduced by an individual).
- The industrial base is broad.
- Power generation cost is higher than that in other power generation systems.
- Requires system stabilization measures due to output instability
Present promotion measures for introduction
- Subsidies (for household/business facilities/public facilities)
- Excess electricity purchase systems (FIT)
- Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS)(limited to those not adopting Feed-in Tariff (FIT))
- R & D/demonstration tests
<< previous page