Advisory Committee for Natural Resources and Energy
Future Schedule on the Advisory Committee for Natural Resources and Energy (October 3, 2011)
- Before the end of 2011: Several meetings will be held from the middle to the end of October for discussion on specific details. Opinions will be heard from a wide range of people concerned.
- Around the end of 2011: Discussion on the basic principle such as the best mix of energy sources
- Around next spring: Discussion on planned alternatives for the best mix of energy sources
- Around next summer: Discussion on a draft of New Basic Energy Plan
* We will have discussion in sufficient collaboration with the Energy and Environment Council. On the basis of the opinion of this Advisory Committee for Natural Resources and Energy, the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) will properly submit reports to the Energy and Environment Council.
- (Reference: Schedule of the Energy and Environment Council)
Yearend: Formulation of “Basic Policy for “Innovative Strategy for Energy and the Environment”
Around next spring: Presentation of “Alternatives for “Innovative Strategy for Energy and the Environment”
Around next summer: Formulation of “Innovative Strategy for Energy and the Environment”
Expert Panel on Future Energy Policy
The fundamental direction of Japan’s future energy policy has been discussed at the “Expert Panel on Future Energy Policy - Eminent Persons Conference on Energy Policy”
- Energy policy conducive to the revival of the Japanese economy
- Directions of future nuclear policy in light of the accident
- Reform of Japan’s energy supply system (electricity, oil, gas, and renewable energy) - the energy industry, energy market and energy regulations -
- Medium- to long-term energy supply structure
- Energy conservation and electricity saving suited to new lifestyles
The points of discussion will be summarized by around July.