METI signed the Memorandum of Cooperation on Strengthening Chemical Management with the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT) of Viet Nam
The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) concluded the "Memorandum of Cooperation on Strengthening Chemical Management (MOC) between the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT) of Socialist Republic of Viet Nam and the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry of Japan."
On July 15, 2012, Mr. Mitsuyoshi Yanagisawa, Senior Vice Minister of METI, on his visit to Viet Nam, signed the MOC with Mr. Nguyen Nam Hai, Deputy Minister of MOIT.
1. Aims of the MOC
The MOC is one element of the Asian Sustainable Chemical Safety Plan*, which purports to harmonize the various chemical management systems in Asia. The MOC aims to assist Viet Nam in building an effective chemical management system through policy dialogue and technical assistance.
* Asian Sustainable Chemical Safety Plan
This plan, proposed by Japan at the Japan-ASEAN Summit Meeting of October 2010, aims to ensure that Asian countries put in place effective chemical management systems based on scientific risk assessment.
2. Term of the MOC
The cooperation under this MOC will start from the signing date (July 15) and continue for three years. The term may be extended upon the mutual agreement of the participants.
[Signing ceremony at MOIT meeting room]
<Reference> Signing ceremony
- July 15 at MOIT meeting room
- (Viet Nam Side) Mr. Nguyen Nam Hai, Deputy Minister, MOIT; Mr. Phung Ha, Director General, Viet Nam Chemicals Agency; and others
- (Japan Side) Mr. Mitsuyoshi Yanagisawa, Senior Vice Minister, METI; Mr. Mitsuaki Komoto, Director, Chemical Management Policy Division, METI; Mr. Fumiaki Shono, General Manager, Japan Chemical Industry Association, and others
- Summary of the MOC(PDF:40KB)
July 17, 2012
Division in Charge
Chemical Management Policy Division, Manufacturing Industries Bureau