Agency for Natural Resources and EnergyThe Cabinet Approved the 2014 Annual Report on Energy (Japan’s Energy White Paper 2014)
The 2014 Annual Report on Energy is a report about measures on energy that the Government of Japan conducted pursuant to Article 11 of the Basic Act on Energy Policy (Act No. 71 of 2002). On June 17, 2014, the Cabinet approved the 2014 report, and the Agency for Natural Resources and Energy (ANRE) hereby publicizes the details.
Outline of the report
On April 11, 2014, the Cabinet approved the Strategic Energy Plan. In line with the plan, the 2014 Annual Report on Energy describes issues concerning energy with relative data and information attached, so that all the public are able to further understand such energy issues. In particular, the 2014 report focuses mainly on the following topics:
1) Japan’s current situation behind the Strategic Energy Plan
- Structural challenges confronting Japan
- Accident at TEPCO’s Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station and challenges that emerged around the time of the accident
2) The Great East Japan Earthquake and Japan’s revision of its energy policy
- Efforts for addressing the Great East Japan Earthquake and the accident at TEPCO’s Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station
- Major energy-related measures the Government of Japan took following the Great East Japan Earthquake and the accident at TEPCO’s Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station
In addition, as with previous years, the 2014 report also describes the current domestic and overseas trends in energy as well as a summary of the FY2013 measures that the Government of Japan took for the supply-demand balance of energy.
2014 Annual Report on Energy (Outline) (PDF:2,518KB) (in Japanese)
June 17, 2014
Division in Charge
Research and Public Relations Office, General Policy Division, ANRE