Agency for Natural Resources and EnergyThe Cabinet Approved the 2015 Annual Report on Energy (Japan’s Energy White Paper 2015)
The Annual Report on Energy is a report on the general situation regarding the measures that the Government of Japan has taken in relation to energy, which shall be submitted to the Diet pursuant to Article 11 of the Basic Act on Energy Policy (Act No. 71 of 2002). On July 14, 2015, the Cabinet approved the 2015 report, and the Agency for Natural Resources and Energy (ANRE) hereby publicizes the details.
Outline of the Report
The Energy White Paper 2015 provides analysis on the global environment for energy security, which is drastically changing due to the Shale Gas Revolution in the United States, and explains the current situation of rising energy costs in Japan and the Government’s response to the situation.
- Shale gas revolution and changes in the global energy situation
- Changes in international energy trends in the Shale Gas Revolution era
- Changes in energy security in major countries
- Future changes in the energy situation
- Responses to the Great East Japan Earthquake and the accident at Tokyo Electric Power Company’s (TEPCO) Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant
- Efforts made for measures toward the shutdown of TEPCO’s Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station Units 1 through 4
- Responses to energy costs
In addition, in the same manner as previous Reports, the 2015 Report also describes energy trends in Japan and overseas as well as the general situation regarding the FY 2014 measures that the Government of Japan took in relation to energy supply and demand.
- 2015Annual Report on Energy (Outline)(PDF:2,298KB) “Updated on November 18, 2015”
July 14, 2015
Division in Charge
Research and Public Relations Office, General Policy Division, Agency for Natural Resources and Energy