Small and Medium Enterprise AgencyAnnouncement of the Third Round of “Declarations of Support for Regional Specialties”– Promoting community-wide collective efforts–
Following the first round of declarations on August 27, 2015 and the second in September, 2015, the third round of “Declarations of Support for Regional Specialties” was announced in October 2015 by Kiyama-cho, Saga Prefecture, Arita-machi, Saga Prefecture, and Yoshimi-machi, Saitama Prefecture.
1. Outline of Declarations of Support for Regional Specialties
The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) has been encouraging municipalities to make “Declarations of Support for Regional Specialties” in order to realize increases in sales and employment in local communities and virtuous cycles in local economies by developing and strengthening regional brands through community-wide continuing efforts involving various businesses. A total of 12 municipalities including those that made announcements this time have made declarations.
*The term “regional specialties” refers to the “goods and services (or groups of them) that leverage regional resources.”
2. Description of the declarations of support announced this time
- Declaration of support for emus: Aiming to address issues of farmland abandonment in hilly and mountainous areas and to improve farmers’ income, announced on October 1, 2015
[Kiyama-cho, Saga Prefecture]
This declaration of support aims to promote emu grazing, which the town started as a measure against farmland abandonment, and to develop products making full use of emus together with their grazing. (Appendix (i)(PDF:1,792KB) )
URL: http://www.town.kiyama.lg.jp/soshiki/4/10375.html (in Japanese)
- Declaration of support for Arita porcelain ware – Looking back at its 400-year history and opening the door to the future, announced on October 2, 2015
[Arita-machi, Saga Prefecture]
This declaration of support aims to promote world-class Arita porcelain ware, whose traditions and skills have been handed down for over 400 years, along with the traditional townscape related to ceramic production and Arita’s porcelain and pottery markets. (Appendix (ii)(PDF:1,237KB) )
URL: http://www.town.arita.lg.jp/main/1985.html (in Japanese)
- Declaration of support for the town’s specialty, “Yoshimi Ichigo” – efforts toward branding and vitalization – processed Yoshimi strawberry products, announced on October 29, 2015
[Yoshimi-machi, Saitama Prefecture]
The town boasts the largest yield of “Yoshimi Ichigo” strawberries in Saitama Prefecture.
This declaration of support aims to promote town-wide collective efforts such as developing “Sweets for souvenirs from the town” and turning them into a brand by publicly collecting ideas from the local community.
(Appendix (iii)(PDF:1,346KB) )
October 30, 2015
Division in charge
Startup and New Business Promotion Division, Business Support Department,
Small and Medium Enterprise Agency