Open Debriefing Meeting to be Held by the Study Group for the Creativity in Fourth Industrial Revolution Corporate management invigorated by creative efforts
Aiming to examine the importance of creativity in companies and to discuss measures for introducing and promoting it, bearing in mind the advancement of the Fourth Industrial Revolution, the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) has been conducting a variety of research and making discussions with experts at study group meetings since November 2016.
METI hereby announces that on March 9 (Thu.), 2017, it will hold an open debriefing meeting to release the results of the research.
1. Outline of the project
As globalization and the Fourth Industrial Revolution have been advancing in recent years, the quality of production technologies, products and services are becoming standardized. Meanwhile, the social structure is becoming more sophisticated and complicated. In this situation, to succeed in business, companies will require human resources with the ability to identify core needs of consumers, design basic concepts for products and services, and combine the two in creating optimal value for customers (collectively called “creativity”), as well as technical skills, including knowledge of programming and AI.
In this context, METI established a study group and conducted a research project in order to examine the importance of creativity in companies’ business activities and to study ideal human resources, which are the agents of creativity, and approaches to developing such resources.
The themes of the project are as follows:
- Mutual relationship between companies’ creativity and their growth
- Highly skilled human resources in the field of designing and approaches to developing such resources
- Introduction of creativity in corporate management
METI will hold an open debriefing meeting to encourage business operators and personnel in charge of new business startups to utilize the results of the project.
2. Date and venue of the meeting
- Date and time:
- March 9 (Thur.), 2017; from 13:00 to 16:00 (door will open at 12:30)
- Ito Hall, Ito International Research Center, The University of Tokyo
- (7-3-1, Hongo, Bunkyo Ward, Tokyo)
3. Program (tentative)
Reporting on the research results of the study group
Creative Industries Division, Commerce and Information Policy Bureau, METI
Speeches by experts
4. (Reference) Outline of the Study Group for the Criativity in Forth Industrial Revolution
- Period of holding the meetings: From November 2016 to February 2017 (five meetings in total)
Members (titles omitted)
- Yuichi Washida, Professor, Graduate School of Commerce and Management, Hitotsubashi University (chair)
- Yuriko Sawatani, Processor, Entrepreneur Study, Tokyo University of Technology
- Naoaki Shibata, Chief, Advanced Design Group, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- Naofumi Tsuchiya, President and CEO, Goodpatch Inc.
- Mariko Nishimura, President, HEART CATCH Inc.
- Chiaki Hayashi, President, Loftwork Inc.
- Shunji Yamanaka, Professor, Graduate School of Interdisciplinary Information Studies & Institute of Industrial Science, University of Tokyo
March 3, 2017
Division in Charge
Creative Industries Division, Commerce and Information Policy Bureau