Present Status and Promotion Measures for the introduction of Renewable Energy in Japan
Status by Energy Source : Hydroelectric Power Generation
Data (as of 2005)
- Introduced capacity: Approx. 45.74 million kW (17.32 million kl crude oil equivalent)
- Power generation cost: Approx. ¥8-13/kWh
- CO2reduction cost (estimate): Approx. ¥800-9,200/t-CO2
Outlook of long-term energy demand (case of optimal introduction)
- Increase in introduced capacity to approx. 49.24 million kW in 2020
- Stable generation is possible and is technologically mature.
- Increasing interest in small and medium hydropower generation.
- Plant sites are largely restricted.
- Power generation cost is likely to increase in a step-wise manner.
Present promotion measures for introduction
- Subsidy (for business and public facilities)
- RPS (hydroelectric power plants of less than 1,000 kW)
<< previous page