- Recovery and transfer of buyback costs starts in April 2010 (recovery of costs for 2009).
- The cost burden will increase in proportion to the amount of electricity consumed. At the initial stage, it is about ¥0.1/kWh, or about ¥30 per month for an average family.
Recovery of Buyback Expenses
Costs to electricity users
According to our estimate, the cost at the initial stage after introduction comes to \0.1/kWh, or less than \100 a month for the average family.
* The estimate is of the burden for total buyback costs. It has not taken into account avoidable costs and the differences in cost until the revision of electricity rates. Therefore, the solar surcharge may be smaller than our estimate.
|Initial||5th - 10th year|
|Total purchases (Yen/year)||About 80 - 90 billion||About 180 - 300 billion|
|Cost per 1kWh (Yen/ kWh)||About 0.1||About 0.15 - 0.30|
|Cost to be born by the average family (Yen/month)||About 30||About 45 - 90|
|Electricity consumption by standard family (kWh /month)||About 300||About 300|
|Costs to be born by industry as a whole (Yen/month)||About 3 billion||About 45 - 90 billion|
|Costs to be born by major power-consuming industries (Yen month)||About 2.35 billion||About 3.5 - 7 billion|
|e.g.) Machinery||About 0.6 billion||About 0.9 - 0.18 billion|
|e.g.) Iron & Steel||About 0.3 billion||About 0.45 - 0.9 billion|
|e.g.) Chemical||About 0.25 billion||About 0.38 - 0.75 billion|
|Power consumption by industry as a whole (kWh/month)||About 30 billion||About 30 billion|
|Power consumption by major power-consuming industries (kWh /month)||About 23.5 billion||About 23.5 billion|
|e.g.) Machinery||About ¥6 billion||About ¥6 billion|
|e.g.) Iron & Steel||About ¥3 billion||About ¥3 billion|
|e.g.) Chemical||About ¥2.5 billion||About ¥2.5 billion|
* Estimates are based on actual power consumption by average families and major power-consuming industries
* Source: Actual electricity demand in fiscal 2008, the Federation of Electric Power Companies of Japan
|<< previous page||back to index page||next page >>|