April 1, 2013
Trade and Investment Facilitation Division
Trade and Economic Cooperation Bureau
The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) will invite businesses who wish to apply for the FY2013 Subsidy Program for Projects Promoting Asian Site Location in Japan, as follows:
1. Outline of the program
The subsidy Program for Promoting Asian Site Location in Japan is intended to sustain and strengthen high-value-added business sites in Japan and to achieve sustainable growth of the Japanese economy by supporting the establishment of new high-value-added sites in Japan by global companies operating internationally, such as Regional Headquarters or R&D Sites, which have been proven to have a significant impact on the Japanese economy, and by strategically and proactively inviting and building high-value-added business functions that match the strength of the Japanese economy.
2. Projects eligible for the program
Projects eligible for the subsidy shall be those for establishing a new Regional Headquarters or R&D Site in Japan.
Relocation and consolidation of existing sites of these in Japan are not eligible for the subsidy, unless new role as a Regional Headquarters or an R&D Site will be added in line with the relocation and consolidation of the site.
3. Entities invited for the application
4. Period of invitation
From Monday, April 1, 2013, to midday on Monday, June 3, 2013
5. Other information
- Application forms, including any appendices, can be prepared and submitted in English.
- For the details of the program, please see the Application Guidelines attached in the "Reference" section below.
- Consultation and inquiries about this subsidy program are accepted at any time. In order to deepen understanding of the subsidy program, prospective applicants are recommended to use prior consultation as much as possible.
6. Addressee and contact office
Trade and Investment Facilitation Division, Trade and Economic Cooperation Bureau, METI
TEL: 03-3501-1511 (ex. 3181- 3186)
Other organization providing consultation about details of the program
Invest Japan Division, Invest Japan Department, Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
7. Explanatory meeting
- 15:00-16:00, Thursday, April 18, 2013
- METI Main building (pending)
- How to apply:
- If you wish to attend the meeting, please register in advance by sending an email containing the following information to email@example.com:
- Title of the email: Registration for attending the explanatory meeting of the subsidy program
- Information to be included in the text of the email: Your name, telephone number, email address, and your company name and division
- Registration will close at midday on Tuesday, April 16, 2013.
- One application should include two or less persons due to the capacity of the hall.
- Information on the venue will be sent to the email address you sent when registering.
- Please note that if too many people apply, attendance will be decided on a first-come, first-served basis and also that the capacity may be adjusted.
Related documents are available by downloading them from the following sections:
- Application Guidelines(PDF:257KB)
- Application Forms(Word:282KB)
- Guidelines for Completing Application Forms(PDF:125KB)
- Outline Concerning the Grant of Subsidy for Projects Promoting Asian Site Location in Japan (draft)(PDF:284KB)