Call for Applicants for New Diversity Management Selection 100 and Diversity Management 100 Prime in FY 2018
Explanatory meeting on the application will be held on August 2 (Thur.), 2018
July 17, 2018
The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) has been conducting initiatives to broadly introduce the efforts of leading enterprises that connect the promotion programs of diversity management to their business achievements, and to expand the base on which enterprises will promote such management. As part of the initiatives, METI has been recognizing outstanding enterprises of such management methods under the METI Minister Award program of the New Diversity Management Selection 100. On July 17 (Tue.), 2018, METI will start a call for applicants for the FY2018 New Diversity Management Selection 100.
In addition, on the same date, METI will start a call for applications for a program titled “Diversity Management 100 Prime,” aiming to recognize companies having been engaging in diversity management called “Diversity 2.0” in upgrading such efforts to those continuing to create mid- to long-term corporate value.
METI will hold an explanatory meeting on these programs on August 2 (Thur.), 2018.
1. Outline of the programs
To strengthen Japanese enterprise competitiveness in the face economic globalization and an aging society with fewer children, it is necessary to promote diversity management as an effective strategy, which provides diverse human resources, including women, foreign people, the elderly, and challenged people (people with disabilities), with opportunities to exercise their potential to the greatest extent possible and to take part in the value creation process.
METI inaugurated the New Diversity Management Selection 100 in FY2012, aiming to expand the base on which enterprises will promote diversity management, and has recognized 226 enterprises so far. In FY2017, METI started the Diversity Management Selection 100 Prime program to select outstanding enterprises out of those that have already been recognized under the existing programs and that still strive for diversity management under the Diversity 2.0 program while focusing on continuous efforts across departments. Two outstanding enterprises have already been selected.
- For details of the best practices of winners in the past programs, visit the website below:
- New Diversity Management Selection 100/Diversity Management Selection 100 Prime website(in Japanese)
- Report on discussion results concerning Diversity 2.0
- Outline of the Diversity 2.0 program
This program aims to encourage enterprises to utilize diversity in the attributes of human resources and exercise the abilities of such resources to the maximum extent possible, thereby enabling the enterprises to continue their management efforts across departments so as to create value added on a continuous basis.
2. Information on the calls for applicants for the New Diversity Management Selection 100 and the Diversity Management Selection 100 Prime programs
(1) Details of the New Diversity Management Selection 100 program
Any enterprise is eligible if it has been making efforts to encourage the success of a variety of human resources in the workplace and turns its diversity management promotion efforts into concrete business successes, regardless of the size of the enterprise. METI welcomes applications by SMEs.
METI will also broadly call for applicants for this program, focusing on the following priority issues, which are initiatives expected to be disseminated across Japan.Three priority issues in the FY2018 program:
- Employment of management consisting of a variety of human resources
- Promotion of diversity in careers
- Empowerment of foreign people and the elderly
(2) Outline of the call for the New Diversity Management Selection 100 Prime programEligible enterprises are those that have been recognized as winners under the Diversity Management Selection 100 and the New Diversity Management Selection 100 and that have been undertaking the seven actions for diversity management under the Diversity 2.0 Action Guidelines (see Appendix 1) as a management mechanism under which they continue to create mid- to long-term value add. Please note that enterprises that have not been recognized before are eligible for applying for both the New Diversity Management Selection 100 program and the Diversity Management Selection 100 Prime program.
(3) How to applyVisit the following New Diversity Management Selection 100/Diversity Management Selection 100 Prime website to download an application form and application guidance, and complete the form in accordance with the guidance. Please note that the application guidance and other procedures have been changed in FY2017.
- New Diversity Management Selection 100/Diversity Management Selection 100 Prime website (in Japanese)
(4) Period of the calls
From July 17 (Tue.) to 5:00 p.m., September 12 (Wed.), 2018 (applications must arrive by this time of the closing date)
(5) Application selection and schedule of the commendation ceremony
An examination committee (see Appendix 3) will evaluate the applicants and select winners. A commendation ceremony is scheduled to be held on March 22 (Fri.), 2019.
(6) Secretariat and contact office
PwC Consulting LLC as the secretariat of the New Diversity Management Selection 100/Diversity Management Selection 100 Prime programs
Email address to the contact office (JP_Cons_100sen@pwc.com)
Service hours: 10:00-17:30 on business days, except Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays and New Year’s holidays (from December 28 to January 3)
(7) Schedule (tentative)
From September to October 2018: Document screening
From November to December 2018: Interviews (only for applicants for the New Diversity Management Selection 100 program)
January 2019: Presentation examination (only for applicants for the Diversity Management Selection 100 Prime program)
March 22, 2019: Commendation ceremony
3. Explanatory meeting on the application for the FY2018 New Diversity Management Selection 100 and the Diversity Management Selection 100 Prime programs
METI will hold an explanatory meeting on the overview information on the FY2018 New Diversity Management Selection 100 and the Diversity Management Selection 100 Prime programs.
At the meeting, METI will hold a panel discussion concerning promotion of diversity management bringing together recognized and selected enterprises in the FY2017 programs and will specifically explain key points to be noted and other information in filing applications for the FY2018 programs.
If you wish to attend the meeting, please visit the website below and send an application form.
Note: For inquiries for the meeting, contact the company below.
PwC Consulting LLC
Service hours: 10:00-17:30 on business days, except Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays
Explanatory meeting on application for the programs
Date and time: August 2 (Thur.), 2018; from 10:00 to 11:30
Venue: PwC Seminar Room, PwC Consulting LLC (capacity: 150)
Address: 15th floor, Otemachi Park Building, 1-1-1, Otemachi, Chiyoda Ward, Tokyo; postal code: 100-0004
From 10:00 to 10:15: Opening remarks by organizer
Outline of the Diversity 2.0 Action Guidelines (METI)
From 10:15 to 11:10: Keynote speeches and panel discussions by the winners of the FY2017 programs
From 11:10 to 11:30: Explanation on the details of the application for the New Diversity Management Selection 100 program and the Diversity Management Selection 100 Prime program in FY2018, and a Q&A session
Presenter: PwC Consulting LLC, secretariat of the programs
Division in Charge
Economic and Social Policy Office, Economic and Industrial Policy Bureau