August 7, 2018
The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) has been striving to conduct countermeasures against negative effects of the reputation of Fukushima Prefecture. As one of the countermeasures, on August 10 (Fri.), 2018, METI will hold an event titled “METI Fukushima Revitalization Fair,” aiming to raise public awareness of tasty foods, specialties and attractive tourism in Fukushima Prefecture and convey the current state of revitalization in Fukushima to the public.
1. Overview of the Fukushima Revitalization Fair
Akatsuki, one of the special varieties
of peaches cultivated in Fukushima
Date and time: August 10 (Fri.), 2018; from 10:00 to 18:30
Venue: Lobby on the first floor, METI Annex Building (open-door style)
- Exhibition and sale of specialties in Fukushima, such as peaches, processed foods, confectioneries, beverages, seasonings, noted sake brands and other products
- Explanation of MEDETTE, a store in Nihombashi called an “antenna shop” selling specialties in and conveying information on Fukushima; distribution of brochures describing tourism in Fukushima
- Explanation of a credit card service, named “Fukurum Card,” for supporting revitalization of Fukushima
Note: This event will also bring together a mascot called “Kibitan,” representing Fukushima Prefecture, and “Miss Peach,” a group of women engaging in campaigns for selling peaches cultivated in Fukushima Prefecture, to bolster the event.
2. How to apply for an interview on the day of the event
Interviews for the event on the day of the event will be available.If you wish to make an interview, please contact Mr. Nakano or Mr. Horikawa, Fukushima Reputation Management Office, below, by 16:00, August 8 (Wed.), 2018.
Division in Charge
Fukushima Public Relations Strategy and Reputational Management Office, Fukushima Reconstruction Promotion Group