August 20, 2018
The Small and Medium Enterprise Agency
The Small and Medium Enterprise Agency (SMEA) established and released a new platform for human resource development called “Busilog” to provide SME employees with an opportunity to learn core human resource skills for organizations in the future. The platform provides online curricula that offer fundamental competencies for working persons and expert and other knowledge including skills for overcoming labor shortages and skills for productivity improvement. Through these curricula, learners are able to access such knowledge anytime and anywhere and make their learning histories and achievements visible.
1. Background and purpose
In order for SMEs to continue to grow and develop their business in parallel with dealing with structural challenges, such as dramatic changes in environments, as seen in the fourth industrial revolution, and a declining population, it is imperative for them to foster core human resources that bolster the business owners.
As an effort to this end, SMEA established a new platform called “Busilog,” an abbreviation of combined terms: “business skills” and “logs (records),” to provide employees working for SMEs and other entities with an opportunity to learn core human resources skills for future organizations on its website’s platform.
2. Outline of the platform
- Providing curricula through which learners are able to master fundamental competencies for working persons and expert and other knowledge including skills for overcoming labor shortages, skills for productivity improvement and skills for developing human resources, which are considered necessary for employees working for SMEs and other entities;
- Providing learners with a variety of EdTech-based learning styles, i.e., online-type, bidirectional live-type and workshop-type programs, free from restrictions of time and place; and
- Providing a system that encourages learners for the curricula to make their levels of understanding and progress visible through uniform management of their learning histories and other information, thereby stimulating learners to continue their learning while ascertaining their achievements and growth.
(2) Registration fee: Free of charge
(3) Future schedule
- August 20, 2018: Open the website, start accepting learners for the online-type program (part of the curricula of this program will start in advance) and start a call for applicants for the workshop-type program
- September 20, 2018: Start accepting learners for the workshop-type program
- October 16, 2018: Start accepting learners for the bidirectional live-type program
Division in Charge
Business Support Division, Business Support Department, SMEA