Seminar for Human Resource Development in the Manufacturing Industry in the Digital Era to be Held
As part of the efforts for Japan-Germany cooperation involving the Hannover Declaration
August 30, 2018
In April 2016, Japan and Germany established a new cooperative channel, and since then, the two countries have been upholding human resource development as a leading bilateral cooperative effort. The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) hereby announces that under this Japan-Germany collaboration framework, private associations that promote these efforts in both countries will hold a seminar on human resource development, aiming to share information with the public.
In April 2016, Japan and Germany established a cooperative channel and decided to champion human resource development as an important effort toward achieving the Connected Industries policy. METI hereby announces that as part of the efforts to advance human resource development, the Robot Revolution Initiative of Japan (RRI), a promoter on the Japanese side, and the Plattform Industrie 4.0, on the German side, will hold for the first time a seminar titled “RRI ‘Work4.0’ Seminar,” aiming to share information with the public.
- In April 2016, director general-level officials of METI and the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi), Germany, signed a Joint Statement Regarding Japan-Germany Cooperation on IoT/Industrie 4.0, and agreed that Japan and Germany will advance collaboration by field, such as international standardization, cybersecurity, SMEs and human resource development.
- Following this, triggered by Japan’s participation as a partner country in CeBIT 2017, a global event for digital business in Germany in March 2017, METI and BMWi ministers signed the Hannover Declaration to further enhance Japan-Germany cooperation. Since then, both countries have been enriching bilateral cooperation in the fields stipulated in the declaration.
- METI hereby announces that RRI and the Plattform Industrie 4.0, promoters in the respective countries, will hold a seminar concerning human resource development in the manufacturing industry, one of the major cooperation efforts and a key field to promote the Fourth Industrial Revolution, aiming to share information with the public.
3. Outline of the seminar
- Date and time:
- September 7 (Fri.), 2018; from 13:30 to 17:00
- Event hall, Belle Salle Onarimonekimae (First floor of Sumitomo Realty & Development Building Onarimonekimae, 6-17-21 Shimbashi, Minato Ward, Tokyo)
If you wish to attend the seminar, visit the following website for prior registration.
Division in Charge
Policy Planning and Coordination Division, Manufacturing Industries Bureau