September 6, 2018
In collaboration with the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI), the Foundation for the Promotion of the Fukushima Innovation Coast Scheme and the government of Fukushima Prefecture will hold the Experience-based Fair of Advanced Forestry Technology. The fair is tailored to workers engaged in the forestry industry, organizations and associations related to the industry, students who are interested in working in the industry and others in the Hama-Dori area, one of the target districts for the Fukushima Innovation Coast Scheme, and will provide them with an opportunity to observe advanced forestry technologies first hand and enrich their experience. Through this event, Japan aims to promote innovations in the forest industry and to find areas where resources, from management to the lumber itself, can be redeployed for greater efficiency and effectiveness in the future.
September 24 (Mon.; compensating holiday), 2018; from 11:00 to 16:00
Iwanano Sato, Kawauchi Village (Address: 516 Sumiyakiba, Kamikawauchi, Kawauchi Village, Fukushima Prefecture)
[ⅰ] Topic: Let’s develop a roadmap for achieving a smart forestry industry!
Speaker: Mr. Tatsuya Narazaki, CEO, Forest Media Works, Inc.
[ⅱ] Topic: Forest industry: A regional industry that both demonstrates and enhances the attractiveness of the region
Speaker: Mr. Yukio Takahashi, Director, Kamaishi Forest Owner’s Association
(2) Exhibition of advanced forestry technologies
- Analysis of forest resources using aviation laser measurement (Asia Air Survey Co., Ltd.);
- Lumber inspection system (Jitsuta Co., Ltd.);
- Remote operation system for heavy machinery (Kowa Tech Co., Ltd.);
- Small woodchopper (Americaya Co., Ltd.);
- High-performance forestry-machine processor (Shiga Ringyo Corporation);
- Harvester simulator (Komatsu Fukushima Ltd.); and other technologies
4. Contact counter
Secretariat of the Experience-based Fair of Advanced Forestry Technology
- For instructions on applying to attend the fair, please see the flier in the Appendix attached to the Japanese version of this press release.(PDF:2,069KB)
Division in Charge
Fukushima New Industries and Employment Promotion Office, Fukushima Reconstruction Promotion Group