Winners of FY2018 Awards Program for Individual and Other Contributors to Promotion of Informatization Determined
Announcement of the winners of the METI Minister's Awards
September 20, 2018
The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) has been holding an awards program titled “Awards Program for Individual and Other Contributors to Promotion of Informatization” to recognize individuals, companies and other entities that have contributed to the promotion of informatization for the economy and society. As for the FY2018 program, METI selected five winners for the METI Minister Awards.
1. Outline of the awards program
METI will recognize individuals, companies and other entities that have played leading roles or achieved outstanding goals in the fields of: research and development of advanced information processing technologies, development of human resources with advanced IT skills, introduction of IT into companies left behind in IT utilization, securing of safety in information processing, and other efforts for informatization.
As part of the events for the Informatization Month* campaign every October, this awards program has been held annually since 1972. This fiscal year will be the 47th such occasion.
*Note: In 1972, METI, jointly with the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, the Cabinet Office, the Ministry of Finance, and the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, decided that every October would be Informatization Month, aiming to promote informatization across Japan and achieve a prosperous society. Since then, the government has been holding a variety of events to raise public awareness of informatization.
2. Five winners of the METI Minister’s Awards under the FY2018 program
- Note: For the reasons for selecting the winners, see the Appendix attached to the Japanese language press release. (PDF:193KB)
The Awards for Individuals:
- Dr. Hiroaki Takada, Professor, Institutes of Innovation for Future Society, Nagoya University
- Mr. Manabu Mizutani, Director of the Board and Senior Advisor (CISO), PCA Corporation
- Dr. Masakatsu Morii, Professor, Graduate School of Engineering, Kobe University
The Awards for Companies:
- Kojima Industries Corporation
- Nissin Foods Holdings Co., Ltd.
3. Commemoration ceremony for Informatization Month
Date: October 1 (Mon.), 2018; from 14:30 to 16:00
Venue: Tokyo Shoken Building (1-5-8 Nihombashi Kayabacho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo)
(1) Outline of the awards program
On the date specified above, winners will receive the METI Minister’s Awards, as well as the MIC Minister’s Awards, MEXT Minister’s Awards, and MLIT Minister’s Awards.
To see the winners of other awards presented by other ministries and agencies, please visit the respective websites for the ministries and agencies or the portal website for the Informatization Month campaign below:
(2) Special lectures by the winners
Special lectures by the winners is scheduled.
- Speaker: Mr. Manabu Mizutani, Director of the Board and Senior Advisor (CISO), PCA Corporation
Theme: People who contributed to generational transitions
- Speaker: Mr. Mitsumasa Koyama, Chairman, Ehime CATV Co.,Ltd.
Theme: Regional contribution by cable television networks
(3) To attend the event
If you wish to attend the commemoration ceremony, please visit the following portal website for the Informatization Month campaign for prior registration:
Division in Charge
IT Innovation Division, Commerce and Information Policy Bureau