Interim Briefing on Outcomes of the “Learning Innovation” Demonstration Projects to be Held
Taking the opportunity of an international conference titled "Edvation x Summit 2018"
October 19, 2018
As one of the efforts to achieve the “Learning Innovation” project, which is also known as the “Future Classroom” project aiming to create systems for new types of learning, the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) has been engaging in a series of pilot demonstration projects to develop new educational programs that take advantage of EdTech and other advanced technologies.
METI hereby announces that it will hold an interim briefing on the outcomes of the “Learning Innovation” Demonstration Projects, taking the opportunity of “Edvation x Summit 2018,” an international conference exclusively for the fields of education and human resource development in which leading success cases and innovative solutions to educational challenges are showcased from both inside and outside of Japan.
Interim Briefing on Outcomes of the “Learning Innovation” Demonstration Projects
Date: November 5 (Mon.), 2018; from 14:30 to 18:00
Venue: Main Room, Kioi Conference, Tokyo Garden Terrace (1-4 Kioicho, Chiyoda Ward, Tokyo)
- Video message from Mr. Hiroshige Seko, Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry
- Explanation of the second call for applicants for the projects
- Panel discussion by adopted businesses and other stakeholders, etc.
Expected speakers (as of October 19):
- Mr. Akira Morita, Professor, Department of Policy Studies, Tsuda University; Emeritus Professor, the University of Tokyo
- Dr. Jo Inoue (Pharm. D), CTO and Vice President, Leave a Nest Co., Ltd.; Project Associate Professor, Graduate School of Media and Governance, Keio University
- Mr. Yu Ukai, President, Mitou Junior Foundation
- Mr. Kenta Kimura, Director, Premedical-Science Course, Hiroo Gakuen Junior and Senior High School
- Mr. Yuichi Kudo, Principal, Kojimachi Junior High School, Chiyoda Ward
- Mr. Shunpei Komura, Director, Educational Innovation Promotion Division, Benesse Corporation; Special Assistant to President, Okayama University
- Mr. Masahiro Sato, Professor, Graduate School of Digital Hollywood University; Chairman and Founder, Association of Innovative Education
- Ms. Nene (Ning) Shirakawa, Co-founder and General Manager for North America, TAKTOPIA & Co.
- Mr. Genki Jinno, CEO, COMPASS Inc.
- Ms. Emi Takemura, Fellow, Mistletoe Inc.; Co-founder, FutureEdu Tokyo; Co-founder and Advisor, Peatix Inc.
- Mr. Kazuo Tanaka, Assistant Professor, Division of Instrumentations, Cyclroton and Radioisotope Center, Tohoku University
- Mr. Tsutomu Togasaki, Director, Board of Education, Toda City
- Ms. Sachiko Nakajima, professional jazz pianist; CEO, steAm Corporation; Project Researcher, Graduate School of Mathematical Sciences, the University of Tokyo
- Mr. Shinji Fujioka, President, Prima Pinguino; Professor, Faculty of Economics and Management, Hokuriku University
- Ms. Yuka Watanabe, Chairperson, Global STEM Learning Association, Japan
This briefing is free of charge, but prior registration is necessary. However, please note that tickets must be purchased separately to attend the Edvation x Summit 2018 event.
Visit the following website to register for the Interim Briefing.
Closing date: October 26 (Fri.), 2018, at 12:00 p.m.
Note: Prior registration through the above website is necessary for the Interim Briefing regardless of Edvation x 2018 ticket purchases. To attend the briefing, please visit the website above and complete the registration.
Applications will be as accepted only until the fixed number is reached even if this occurs before the closing date. Details of the briefing will be publicized on the following Facebook page soon after they are decided.
Division in Charge
Educational Industry Office, Service Affairs Policy Division, Commerce and Service Industry Policy Group