November 7, 2018
From November 4 (Sun.) to 6 (Tue.), 2018, Mr. Yoshihiko Isozaki, State Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry, visited Shanghai, China, to attend the First China International Import Expo (CIIE).
1. First CIIE
The CIIE is a large-scale exhibition and matchmaking meetings held by the Government of China, aiming to expand imports and promote trade liberalization. At the exhibition, the Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) served as the general liaison counter for Japan, and over 450 Japanese companies and associations presented displays, the largest number of participating companies in all participating countries.
- From November 5 (Mon.) to 10 (Sat.), 2018
- National Exhibition and Convention Center, Shanghai
- Scale of the venue:
- 300,000 square meters (National Trade and Investment General Exhibition and Enterprise Commerce Exhibition)
- Ministry of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China, and Shanghai Municipal People’s Government
- China International Import Expo Bureau, and National Exhibition and Convention Center (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
- World Trade Organization (WTO), United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), and United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
- Companies, associations and other entities with corporate status outside China from 172 countries and regions
- Domestic and overseas buyers (400,000 people), general visitors, governmental stakeholders and others
[November 4 (Sun.) and 5 (Mon.), 2018]
- Attending a welcome reception party and opening ceremony attended by President Xi Jinping
- Visiting the site of CIIE, e.g., the Japan Pavilion
State Minister Isozaki visited the Japan Pavilion, established by JETRO as a general liaison counter, and various booths, (e.g., the Japan Booth, presented by Japanese companies).
- Meeting with the Ministry of Commerce, China
State Minister Isozaki and H.E. Mr. Wang Bingnan, Vice Minister, Ministry of Commerce, China, exchanged views concerning the further development of Japan-China economic ties, cooperation in the field of markets in third countries, cooperation in the field of innovation and other issues, as efforts catalyzed by the CIIE.
Moreover, Japan requested that China terminate or relax regulations over imports of Japanese foods as early as possible and encouraged China to promote tourism by Chinese people to Japan, including the Hokkaido region.
[November 6 (Tue.)]
- Japan-China Collaboration Forum titled “Takumi x Innovations”
State Minister Isozaki attended a Japan-China Collaboration Forum titled “Takumi x Innovations,” a side event of the CIIE ]organized by JETRO, and delivered a speech as guest of honor before Chinese buyers and stakeholders of the regional governments of China.
Division in Charge
Northeast Asia Division, Trade Policy Bureau