November 27, 2018
On November 26, 2018, the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) and the government of Malaysia signed a Memorandum of Cooperation on Halal Cooperation.
On November 26, 2018, Mr. Hiroshige Seko, Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry, and H.E. Mr. Mohd Redzuan Md Yusof, Minister of Entrepreneur Development, Malaysia, signed a Memorandum of Cooperation on Halal Certification.
Date and time: 18:20, November 26 (Mon.), 2018
Venue: The Prime Minister’s Office in Tokyo
Japanese side: Minister Seko and other officials
Malaysian side: Minister Redzuan Md Yusof and other officials
2. Key points of the MOC
1) Cooperation fields
- Assistance regarding halal expertise in the preparation of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games;
- Trade and investment promotion for halal products and services between the countries;
- Facilitation in the development of halal certification;
- Facilitation in the development of Muslim-friendly tourism in Japan;
- Collaboration in the development of halal supply chain and eco-system in Japan.
2) Methods of cooperation
People-to-people exchange, technical assistance, support in trade and investments, holding seminars and workshops, etc.
Division in Charge
Asia and Pacific Division, Trade Policy Bureau