December 27, 2018
On December 25, 2018, the Cabinet approved the basic policy for acceptance of foreign human resources and the Field-based Operation Policies targeting specific industries. Regarding the industries under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI), the Cabinet approved the Field-based Operation Policies and Field-based Operation Guidelines for three sectors in the manufacturing industry: the machine parts and tooling, industrial machinery manufacturing, and electric and electronic information-related sectors.
On January 21, 2019, METI will hold explanatory meetings concerning the overview of the new system for acceptance of foreign human resources, which will be started from April 1, 2019.
1. Prior-registration websites for attending the meetings
- (1) Website for registrations to the morning meeting (in Japanese)
- (2) Website for registration to the afternoon meeting (in Japanese)
Note: Please note that acceptance of applications will be closed as soon as the fixed number is reached.
2. Outline of the meetings
(1) Date and time
January 21 (Mon), 2019
- Morning meeting: from 11:00 to 12:00 (reception will begin at 10:00)
- Afternoon meeting: from 14:30 to 15:30 (reception will begin at 13:30)
The hall in the second basement of the main building of METI
3. Reference information
- METI press release - Cabinet Decision on the Field-based Operation Policies toward Accepting Foreign Human Resources in Three Sectors in the Manufacturing Industry
- Information on the system for acceptance of foreign human resources released by the Ministry of Justice (in Japanese)
- Information on discussion results of a study group concerning acceptance and inclusion of foreign human resources (website of Ministry of Justice, in Japanese)
Division in Charge
Policy Planning and Coordination Division, Manufacturing Industries Bureau