March 18, 2019
With the advent of big data, IoT, and AI technologies, next-generation computing is expected to be able to process a large and diverse amount of information instantly and generate new business. One leading example of this technology is the “quantum annealing machine.”
In this symposium, focusing on the quantum annealing machine, a type of quantum computer, innovative user companies, experts in this field, and leading companies abroad will explain case examples of business application and future opportunities.
1. Content of the symposium
- What an annealing machine is, and how it can be applied to business
- Utilization by innovative user companies, and their business strategies in the future
- Opening a new area of application by user companies hub (*)
* Measure in which universities serve as a hub and promote the opening of a new application areas in business gaining participation by user companies
- The forefront of annealing machine development and its future potential
(Case examples of use of quantum annealing machines)
2. Date, time and venue
Title of the symposium: METI Policy Symposium
Innovative Business Realized by Next-Generation Computing
- Future Opened by Quantum Computer/Annealing Machine -
Date and time: May 20 (Mon.), 2019; from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (reception starts 12:15 a.m.)
Venue: Hall B5, Tokyo International Forum (Marunouchi, Chiyoda Ward, Tokyo)
Admission: Free (prior registration required)
3. How to applyPlease apply at the following website.
4. Program (major speakers excerpted)
Session 1: Annealing Business Strategy of Innovative User Companies/Potential of Annealing Machine (1)
- Mr. Yuki Hamada, Chief Product Officer, Mercari, Inc.
- Mr. Kazunori Tanizaki, Group CIO and Group CDIO, Director and Senior Managing Executive Officer, Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Inc.
- Mr. Hidetoshi Nishimori, Professor, Institute of Innovative Research, Tokyo Institute of Technology
- Mr. Dan Cohrs, CFO, D-Wave Systems
Session 2: Quantum Computer/Potential of Annealing Machine (2)
- Mr. Hiromichi Shinohara, Chairman of the Board of Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT) and the Chair of the Committee on Information and Telecommunication Policy, Keidanren
- Mr. Pooya Ronagh, Head of Hardware Innovation Lab, 1QBit
Session 3: Forefront of New Business Creation Using Annealing Machine
- Mr. Takeshi Horie, Director, Fujitsu Limited
- Mr. Nozomu Togawa, Professor, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Waseda University
- Mr. Tomoyuki Sasaki, Director, Second Development Office, Next-Generation Electronic Components Development Department, TDK Corporation
- Kotaro Tanahashi, Lead Engineer, Recruit Communications Co., Ltd.
- Mr. Masayoshi Terabe, Advanced Technology Laboratory, Denso Corporation
- Shiro Kawabata, Electro-informatics Group Leader, Nanoelectronics Research Institute, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
- Mr. Yuichi Nakamura, Vice President, NEC Central Research Laboratories, NEC Corporation
- Mr. Masanao Yamaoka, Senior Researcher, Center for Technology Innovation, Electronics / Information Electronics Research Department, Hitachi, Ltd.
Division in Charge
Device Industry and Digital Consumer Electronics Strategy Office, Commerce and Information Policy Bureau