METI and TSE to Hold an Event to Announce the 2019 Selected Competitive IT Strategy Companies and the Selected Noteworthy IT Strategy Companies
March 25, 2019
The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) and the Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE) have jointly been conducting the selection of Competitive IT Strategy Companies since FY2014. As part of this initiative, on April 23, 2019, METI and the TSE will hold an event to recognize selected Competitive IT Strategy Companies and Noteworthy IT Strategy Companies for 2019. In addition to this selection, which is the fifth annual selection, aiming to strongly encourage companies’ efforts for digital transformation (DX), they will establish a new category called “DX Grand Prix” and announce an outstanding company for its leadership in the digital era, which is to be selected from the companies selected above.
1. Outline of the Competitive IT Strategy Companies
Rapid advances in IT are transforming industrial structures and business models at an unprecedented pace. For Japanese companies to succeed in international competition in this environment, it is not enough to engage in defensive IT investment for the purpose of increasing the efficiency and convenience of internal operations, as has been the case until now; it is also vital for companies to make strategic and competitive IT investments that will contribute to improving mid- to long-term corporate value and fortifying competitiveness.
Against this backdrop, METI and the TSE have jointly been selecting outstanding companies from TSE-listed companies by industry category that have a competitive IT strategy as “competitive IT strategy companies”, and introducing such selected companies as attractive companies to investors who emphasize improving corporate value over the mid- to long-term.
2. Outline of the event
- Date and time: April 23 (Tue.), 2019; from 12:30 to 16:00
Note: The reception counter will open at 12:00.
- Venue: Iino Hall (4th floor of Iino Building, 2-1-1 Uchisaiwaicho, Chiyoda Ward, Tokyo)
- Organizers: METI and the TSE
- Expected participants: The press and the general public
- Participation fee: Free of charge (capacity: 300 for the general public)
(Note: Prior registration is required. To apply, see the information below.)
- Explanations of the measures by METI
- Announcement of the selected Competitive IT Strategy Companies, the selected Noteworthy IT Strategy Companies and the winner of the DX Grand Prix for 2019
- Keynote speech:
Speaker: Mr. Kunio Ito, Director, CFO Education and Research Center, Hitotsubashi University / Adjunct Professor, Graduate School of Commerce and Management, Hitotsubashi University
- Panel discussion by representatives of the selected companies, including the winner of the DX Grand Prix, and examiners of the examination committee
Topic: Promotion of DX, an effort Japanese companies should undertake (tentative)
Note: Please note that this program may change without notice.
How to apply
If you wish to attend the event, visit the website exclusively for prior registration, which will open in early April 2019 on the following website, and compete the registration.
Note: For inquiries for the prior registration, contact the secretariat of the event as below:
Japan Users Association of Information Systems (JUAS)
Division in Charge
IT Innovation Division, Commerce and Information Policy Bureau