April 5, 2019
On February 1, 2019, the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) started a call for Case Examples of Leading International Businesses Contributing to Sustainable and Inclusive Growth. In response, it received 24 applications and selected 12 case examples as a result of screening by an examination committee of external experts. METI hereby announces the results.
The selected Case Examples of Leading International Businesses Contributing to Sustainable and Inclusive Growth will be introduced to stakeholders involved in the preparation processes for the G20 Ibaraki-Tsukuba Ministerial Meeting on Trade and Digital Economy to be held in Tsukuba City, Ibaraki Prefecture, on June 8 and 9, 2019.
1. Selection process
The examination committee of external experts selected the 12 case examples based on the following four criteria to appropriately choose businesses suitable for METI’s goal of promotion of trade and investment that contribute to sustainable and inclusive growth:
- Business operated in overseas countries;
- Promising business that has been making or is expected to realize a profit;
- Business making a social impact on the region in which the business is operated; and
- Business taking new approaches different from conventional ones.
2. Results of the selection
The outline of the selection is as follows.
- Number of applications: 24
- Number of selected case examples: 12
- Details of the selected case examples: See the Appendix.(PDF:168KB)
Division in Charge
Office for East Asia Economic Union, Trade Policy Bureau