Explanatory Meeting on the System for the Acceptance of Foreign Human Resources in the Manufacturing Industry to be Held
April 26, 2019
The Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act was revised in December 2018 with a view to accepting new foreign human resources, and it was decided that foreign human resources will be accepted in the (1) machine parts and tooling sector, (2) industrial machinery manufacturing sector, and (3) electric and electronic information-related sector. The Revised Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act entered into force on April 1, 2019. The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) will hold an explanatory meeting in order to provide as much information as possible on the outline of “specified skills” for which the system started. Participants from a wide variety of areas, not limited to the above three sectors, are welcome.
1. Website for participation registration
*Upon completion of the registration form, an automatic email with be sent regarding a draw for attending, but in essence all those who register will be able to participate.
At a later date, the recording of explanatory meeting will be televised via METI Channel.
Note: Registration has closed as the number of participants had reached the limit, as of May 14th.
2. Outline of the meeting
- Date and time: May 28, 2019 (Tue), from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. (reception starts at 12:00 p.m.)
- Venue: Hall in B2F of the main building of METI
- Reference material: No printed handouts will be distributed at the meeting. Reference materials will be uploaded on the website of METI in advance, so please prepare them by yourself.
3. Reference materials
* It shows the basic policy of the government and operation policy/operation guidelines announced so far.
[Ministry of Justice]
- Information on the system for acceptance of foreign human resources released by the Ministry of Justice (in Japanese)
Division in Charge
Policy Planning and Coordination Division, Manufacturing Industries Bureau