Details of SME Cybersecurity Project (Cybersecurity Support Ranger) Demonstration Released
The adopted eight organizers will start a series of explanatory meetings of the demonstration projects targeting 15 prefectures from June 14, 2019, in sequence
June 11, 2019
The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) and the Information-technology Promotion Agency, Japan (IPA) have been advancing the Project for Demonstrating Measures for Supporting SMEs in Conducting Post-Accident Measures Involving Cybersecurity (Cybersecurity Support Ranger), aiming to raise awareness on cybersecurity among SMEs and popularize cybersecurity measures tailored to the current situations of SMEs. As part of this project, eight adopted organizers released the details of the demonstration projects that will be conducted targeting 15 prefectures on the IPA website.
1. Outline of this project
On May 17, 2019, METI and the IPA adopted eight organizers for the Project for Demonstrating Measures for Supporting SMEs in Conducting Post-Accident Measures Involving Cybersecurity (Cybersecurity Support Ranger). In response, the organizers will hold a series of explanatory meetings concerning the demonstration projects in eight areas and 15 prefectures as the target areas of the demonstration projects. Through these opportunities, the organizers will call for about 100 to 200 SMEs as participants in the demonstration projects for each target area. Major details of the demonstration projects arranged by the organizers are as follows:
- Distribution and installation of cybersecurity devices for SMEs participating in the demonstration projects;
- Collection of information on the current situations of cyberattacks, measures against such attacks and other facts;
- Opening of counseling and support counters for SMEs concerning cybersecurity and provision of measures for supporting them in conducting post-accident measures; and
- Study on ideal approaches to cybersecurity insurance tailored to SMEs
The eight organizers are required to introduce these details into their own support measures for SMEs. Based on this, they will embark on such measures by presenting their uniqueness and the characteristics of areas to be supported in the measures.
For the details of the demonstration projects targeting the respective areas and the schedule of the explanatory meetings, visit the IPA website below.
2. Links to related information
- Target Areas and Organizers Determined for the Project for Demonstrating Measures for Supporting SMEs in Conducting Post-Accident Measures Involving Cybersecurity (Cybersecurity Support Ranger)
- IPA competition tendering for plans of the demonstration projects under the Project for Demonstrating Measures for Supporting SMEs in Conducting Post-Accident Measures Involving Cybersecurity
Division in Charge
Cybersecurity Division, Commerce and Information Policy Bureau