June 20, 2019
The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) decided to inaugurate a Council for Electrified Vehicle Society (CEVS) as an opportunity for people from the public and private sectors and a variety of industries to collaborate, aiming to advance dissemination of electrified vehicles (xEVs) and promote utilization of xEVs in society. As a kickoff event of CEVS, METI will hold a Symposium Celebrating Inauguration of the Council for Electrified Vehicle Society on July 11 (Thur.), 2019.
1. Purpose of the symposium
Aiming to establish a society in which low carbonization, dispersed energy sources, robust vehicles and energy are integrated, METI, in collaboration with car manufacturers, energy companies, companies or municipalities proactively engaging in efforts for taking advantage of xEVs and other entities, decided to inaugurate a new body called the “Council for Electrified Vehicle Society (CEVS).”
The symposium will be held as a kickoff event of CEVS in which efforts by CEVS member municipalities and companies will be explained.
Note: The term “CEVS” is an acronym for the “Council for Electrified Vehicle Society.”
2. Outline of the symposium
- Date and time: July 11 (Thur.), 2019, from 11:00 to 13:00 (The reception counter will open at 10:00.)
- Venue: Hall C, second basement floor, Bell Salle Tokyo Nihombashi
Naofumi Anegawa, Fellow and Director, TEPCO Research Institute, Tokyo Electric Power Company Holdings, Inc.
Kazuhiro Fukazawa, Executive Vice President, Advanced R&D and Engineering Company, Toyota Motor Corporation
Toshihiro Hirai, Corporate Vice President, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.
Speaker from Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (under coordination)
Kazuyuki Iwata, Corporate Officer, Honda R&D Co., Ltd., Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
Kazuaki Iwamoto, Corporate Vice President and Division General Manager of Product Strategy Division, Mitsubishi Motors Corporation
Toshio Kuroda, Executive Officer and General Manager of Office of the President, Yamato Transport Co., Ltd.
Toshio Yamada, Director Responsible for Next-Generation Energy Promotion, Bureau of Environment, Tokyo Metropolitan Government
Akihiro Yasuda, Director, Planning and Policy Division, Toyota City
- Primary target participants: Personnel responsible for dissemination of xEVs in municipalities or companies and the press
- How to apply: If you wish to attend the symposium, please complete prior registration on the following webpage titled “Announcement of the Convening of the Symposium Celebrating Inauguration of the Council for Electrified Vehicle Society.”
Closing date: July 3 (Wed.), 2019
Note: Please note that participants will be selected by lottery if the number of applicants exceeds the maximum capacity of the venue. The secretariat will issue and send a certificate of attendance to selected applicants by July 8 (Mon.), 2019. If you are selected, please bring the certificate to the venue with you on the date.
3. Links to related information (URL)
- Announcement of the Convening of the Symposium Celebrating Inauguration of the Council for Electrified Vehicle Society
- Call for CEVS members
- Strategy Meeting for the New Era of Automobiles（in Japanese）
Division in Charge
Batteries and Next Generation Technology Office, Automobile Division, Manufacturing Industries Bureau