July 29, 2019
1. Ten sponsorsThe following 10 companies have now been finalized as official sponsors of the Japan Pavilion:
AGC Inc., NTT CORPORATION, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, INPEX CORPORATION, Toray Industries, Inc., BROTHER INDUSTRIES, LTD., KNT-CT Holdings Co., Ltd., JTB Corp., Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. and Panasonic Corporation.
2. Overview of the sponsors
As of July 29, 2019, the following companies have been confirmed as sponsors of the Japan Pavilion:
- AGC Inc. (Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN / Representative Director President and CEO Takuya Shimamura)
The AGC Group provides solutions to customers in over 30 countries and regions. We strive to support the lives of the people around the world by supplying architectural glass, automotive glass, display glass, electronic components, chemicals, ceramics and other high-performance materials.
- NIPPON TELEGRAPH AND TELEPHONE CORPORATION (Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN / President & CEO Jun Sawada)
NTT is a global technology and business solutions provider, helping clients grow their business by delivering fully integrated services, including global networks, cybersecurity, managed IT and applications, cloud and datacenter services combined with business consulting and deep industry expertise. Over 80 of the Global Fortune 100 companies choose NTT.
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN / President & CEO: Takeshi Sugiyama)
Established in 1921, Mitsubishi Electric is a recognized world leader in manufacture, marketing and sales of electrical and electronic equipment, from consumer electronics to satellites. Based on its corporate statement “Changes for the Better”, the Mitsubishi Electric Group hopes to build a better tomorrow by contributing to the creation of new societies, industries and lifestyles.
- INPEX CORPORATION (Minato-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN / President & CEO Takayuki Ueda)
INPEX CORPORATION is Japan’s largest exploration and production (E&P) company, and a mid-tier E&P player just behind the world’s oil majors. INPEX is currently involved in approximately 70 projects across more than 20 countries.
- Toray Industries, Inc. (Chuo-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN / President, CEO & COO Akihiro Nikkaku)
- BROTHER INDUSTRIES, LTD. (Mizuho-ku, Nagoya, JAPAN / Representative Director & President Ichiro Sasaki)
- KNT-CT Holdings Co., Ltd. (Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN / President Akimasa Yoneda)
- JTB Corp. (Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN / President & CEO Hiroyuki Takahashi)
- Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. (Chuo-ku, Osaka, JAPAN / President Osamu Inoue)
- Panasonic Corporation (Kadoma-shi, Osaka, JAPAN / Representative Director, President Kazuhiro Tsuga)
Japan will continue to open a call for sponsors of the Japan Pavilion at the Expo 2020 Dubai. For details of the call, please contact the following office.
Reference 1: Overview of the Expo 2020 Dubai
The Expo 2020 Dubai, an international exposition, is the first registered exhibition to be held in the Middle East and African region. The exposition will be held in 2020 in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates (U.A.E.) before the upcoming 50th anniversary of the unification of the country.
The Expo 2020 Dubai
From October 20, 2020, to April 10, 2021 (for 173 days)
Connecting Minds, Creating the Future
(1) Mobility, (2) Opportunity and (3) Sustainability
Number of countries that have declared participation
Expected number of visitors
Approximately 2.5 million (estimate)
Reference 2: Outline of the Japan Pavilion
Upholding the theme of the Japan Pavilion of the “Crosspoint for the Future. Join. Sync. Act” (tentative), Japan will showcase displays at the pavilion. On August 26, 2019, Japan will hold a groundbreaking ceremony for the Japan Pavilion at the scheduled site for the pavilion which is part of the Expo 2020 Dubai site.
For details of the ceremony, visit the official website for the Japan Pavilion as below.
Division in Charge
International Exhibitions Promotion Office, Commerce and Service Industry Policy Group