August 26, 2019
From August 22 (Thur.) to 24 (Sat.), 2019, Mr. Yoshihiro Seki, State Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry, visited Changchun, the People’s Republic of China, to attend the 12th China-Northeast Asia Expo.
1. Delivering a speech at the Expo
(1) On August 23 (Fri.), 2019, the Ministry of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China (MOFCOM), the National Department and Reform Commissions, and the People’s Government of Jilin Province jointly held the 12th China-Northeast Asia Expo in Changchun. State Minister Seki attended the Expo as a representative of the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI). H.E. Mr. Hu Chunhua, Vice-premier of State Council, H.E. Mr. Wang Shouwen, Vice Minister of Commerce, H.E. Mr. Bayin Chaolu Provincial Party Secretary of Jilin Province, H.E. Mr. Jing Junhai, Governor of the People’s Government of Jilin Province, and other senior officials from the central and regional governments as representatives of China, as well as other senior government officials from overseas countries, attended the Expo. The Expo hosted over 1,300 booths by companies and associations from about 20 countries, including those by private companies and other entities in China.
(2) As a side event of the Expo, the 10th High-level Forum for Northeast Asia Cooperation was held, bringing together about 1,200 attendees. At the forum, dignitaries from a variety of countries delivered speeches concerning economic and trade cooperation in the Northeast Asia region. At the forum, State Minister Seki delivered a speech and explained recent Japan-China cooperation and enhancement of the economic ties between Japan and Northeast China.
- Opening ceremony of the Expo
- State Minister Seki delivering a speech at the forum
2. Meetings with senior Chinese government officials and others
(1) On August 22 (Thur.), State Minister Seki held a meeting with Governor Jing and the two sides agreed on the importance of economic exchanges between Northeast China and Japan. Following this, they exchanged views on cooperation in third-country markets, energy conservation and the environment, nursing-care businesses in Japan and China and other issues.
(2) On August 23 (Fri.), State Minister Seki held a meeting with Vice Minister Wang, and the two sides exchanged views on cooperation between MOFCOM and METI, and business environments in China.
3. Visiting a Japanese-affiliated company in China and exchanging views with staff
On August 23 (Fri.), State Minsiter Seki visited FAW Toyota (Changchun) Engine Co., Ltd. in Changchun. Following this, he held a social gathering with people from Japanese-affiliated companies in China and exchanged views concerning the current situation and future perspectives in Northeast China.
Division in Charge
Northeast Asia Division, Trade Policy Bureau