February 14, 2020
1. Overview of the council
Toward the convening of the 2020 Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games in the summer of 2020, ANRE inaugurated the Council on Electricity Cybersecurity Measures and the council held its first meeting. Concerning the cybersecurity measures for electricity infrastructure, the council aims to take all possible measures for cybersecurity through an approach in which the top management of all power utilities ascertain such measures and progress in taking such measures.
2. Outline of the meeting
- Date and time: February 14 (Fri.), 2020; from 9:30 to 10:30
- Venue: International Conference Room on the 17th floor, METI Main Building
- Participants: See the list of the participants in the Appendix.
Representatives of Tokyo Electric Power Company Holdings, Inc. and other power utilities made briefings on their cybersecurity measures as well as their efforts for securing stable power supply toward the 2020 Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games. Following this, participants in the meeting held discussions on matters that parties concerned should ascertain toward the Olympic and Paralympic Games and other issues.
Division in Charge
- Electricity Industry and Market Office, Electricity and Gas Industry Department, Agency for Natural Resources and Energy
- Office for Electricity Supply Policy, Electricity and Gas Industry Department, Agency for Natural Resources and Energy