SME Financial Consultation Counter to Open as a Measure Supporting SMEs and Small Enterprises Affected by Novel Coronavirus Disease
March 11, 2020
The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) will open a consultation counter, called the “SME Financial Consultation Counter.” This counter will receive inquiries on finance-related matters from SMEs and small enterprises that are or may be affected by the recent occurrence of the novel coronavirus disease.
On March 10 (Tue.), 2020, the government compiled the second batch of emergency measures for companies affected by the novel coronavirus disease.
- In addition to the measures for supporting companies approximately 500 billion yen, which were included in the first batch of emergency measures, the government will secure facilities of loans and guarantees approximately 1.1 trillion yen, including the creation of a special loan program which incorporates a new measure for reducing interest rates.
- In particular, the government will take a measure for providing substantially interest-free loans, without typical credit or collateral criteria, targeting individual registered business operators, including freelancers in particular, and businesses facing a decrease in sales. These measures will be retroactively applied to the first batch of emergency measures.
- Moreover, in addition to Nos.4 and 5 Safety Nets for Financing Guarantee, the government will issue an emergency-related guarantee (amounting to 280 million yen) for the full loan amount for businesses in all industries across Japan. This is the first such effort since the inauguration of the system.
These efforts by METI represent significant funding support measures for these businesses.
For inquiries on the details of the funding and response measures above, please contact the SME Financial Consultation Counter as indicated below.
Moreover, the Consultation Counters on Business Operation for Addressing the Novel Coronavirus, which have already opened at the Japan Finance Corporation, Credit Guarantee Corporations, Chambers of Commerce and Industry and other organizations, will continue to respond to inquiries, including those related to support measures for funding. Please make use of these counters as well.
- List of contact numbers for the Consultation Counters on Business Operation for Addressing the Novel Coronavirus (PDF:154KB)
- METI’s Support Measures for Companies Concerning the Impacts of the Novel Coronavirus Disease
Division in Charge
Policy Planning and Coordination Division, Commissioner's Secretariat, Small and Medium Enterprise Agency