August 5, 2020
The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) established and has been operating the gBizID system, a standard authentication service for businesses to help them complete administrative procedures. METI hereby announces that it has improved the system to permit businesses to make use of their gBizIDs also in systems for administrative procedures which are operated by local governments and other organizations.
The gBizID system is an authentication service in which businesses are able to log in to a variety of administrative services using one ID and one password. Since its inauguration, this service has been used by ministries and agencies, including METI. For details, see the video clips on the websites below.
- Video clip explaining the gBizID system (version explaining advantages of the system) (in Japanese)
- Video clip explaining the gBizID system (version explaining how to open an account) (in Japanese)
METI improved related regulations in order to permit businesses to additionally make use of their gBizIDs in entering systems for administrative procedures which are operated by local governments and other organizations.
Implementation of the gBizID system into such local governments and other organizations is expected to increase the scope and number of administrative procedures run by local and national governments that can be accessed by businesses by using one ID and one password. Through this effort, METI aims to improve the user-friendliness of the system.
The local governments and other organizations in which businesses are able to make use of their gBizIDs are as follows.
- Local governments or their organizations excluding their assemblies;
- Incorporated administrative agencies, which are those stipulated in Article 2 (1) of the Act on General Rules for Incorporated Administrative Agencies (Act No.103 of 1999);
- Local incorporated administrative agencies, which are those stipulated in Article 2 (1) of the Local Incorporated Administrative Agencies Act (Act No.118 of 2003); and
- Associations jointly inaugurated by two or more of the associations mentioned above in order to provide administrative services.
If any local government or organization, wishes to make use of the gBizID system, [i] decide on the internal division mainly in charge of filing an application for the system, and then [ii] have the division send an email to the address below. In addition, for information on how to connect your administrative procedures system to the gBizID system, see the manual below.
Email address for inquiries: email@example.com
Reference: Outline of “gBizSTACK”
METI has organized some services and their related systems into layered structures, which are collectively called the “gBizSTACK,” and it has been improving the user-friendliness of administrative services targeting businesses. The gBizID system is one of the services included in the gBizSTACK. METI will continue to improve the respective services, thereby encouraging the national and local governments to promote the movement called “Digital Governments” and will advance the development of digital infrastructures for administrative services targeting businesses.
Division in Charge
IT Project Office, Policy Planning and Coordination Division, Commerce and Information Policy Bureau