December 8, 2020
On December 8, 2020, the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) and the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications (MIC) will open a website for the PR campaign for the 2021 Economic Census for Business Activity and launch the campaign to raise public awareness of the economic census.
1. Outline of the Economic Census for Business Activity
The Economic Census for Business Activity is an extremely significant survey conducted to ascertain the actual economic situations targeting all establishments and businesses in Japan. For this purpose, the 2021 Economic Census for Business Activity will be starting on June 1, 2021.
2. Opening of the campaign website on December 8, 2020
On December 8, 2020, METI and MIC launched a website for the 2021 Economic Census for Business Activity to raise awareness of the census among a greater proportion of the populace.
This website provides information to help people understand the full picture of the Economic Census for Business Activity, such as the significance of the census and how it is conducted.
METI and MIC will regularly update the website with a variety of contents.
3. Four entertainers selected as special spokespersons for the campaign: Ms. Ichikawa Saya, Mr. Ichikawa Ennosuke, Ms. SHELLY and Mr. Kanningu Takeyama
METI and MIC will deploy the campaign, which includes a series of filmed video clips of the above talents conducting and taking part in a series of quizzes to help the public come to grips with and understand the Economic Census for Business Activity, as detailed below.
- Moderator: Ms. Ichikawa Saya
- Respondents: Mr. Ichikawa Ennosuke, Ms. SHELLY and Mr. Kanningu Takeyama
4. Information on the campaign website
Visit the following website.
Division in Charge
Structural Statistics Office, Research and Statistics Department, Minister’s Secretariat