Japan Pavilion at Expo 2020 Dubai Announces Fifth Wave of Sponsors and Donors (Three new sponsors and four new donors to offer their support)
December 11, 2020
The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) hereby announces that the Japan Pavilion at the Expo 2020 Dubai has reached agreements with three companies as sponsors of and four companies as donors to the pavilion.
1. Newly confirmed sponsors
The following three companies have been confirmed as new sponsors:
avatarin Inc. (Chuo-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN / CEO FUKABORI Akira)
avatarin’s mission is to expand humanity’s potential by offering new abilities through avatars.
The company is focused on developing a next-generation mobility platform that will enable anyone to connect, communicate, and collaborate with others from a distance via a robotic avatar to help humanity overcome many of its global challenges.
Panasonic Corporation (Kadoma-shi, OSAKA, JAPAN / Representative Director, President TSUGA Kazuhiro)
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development of diverse electronics technologies and solutions for customers in the consumer electronics, housing, automotive, and B2B businesses. The company, which celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2018, has expanded globally operating 528 subsidiaries and 72 associated companies worldwide as of March 2020.
(Hamamatsu-shi, SHIZUOKA, JAPAN / President and Representative Executive Officer NAKATA Takuya)
*Panasonic Corporation was previously announced as part of the first wave of sponsors on July 29, 2019. The company is being recognized again in this press release after committing to provide further sponsorship support.
2. Newly confirmed donors
The following four companies have been confirmed as new donors:
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Chiyoda-ku, TOKYO, JAPAN / President and Representative Director INOUE Makoto)
- NIPPON STEEL CORPORATION (Chiyoda-ku, TOKYO, JAPAN / President HASHIMOTO Eiji)
- UNION CORPORATION JAPAN (Nishi-ku, OSAKA, JAPAN / President and CEO TATENO Junzo)
- THE MATCHA TOKYO Co., Ltd. (Shibuya-ku, TOKYO, JAPAN / CEO NAGATA Masahiro)
Japan will continue to open a call for sponsors of and donors to the Japan Pavilion at the Expo 2020 Dubai. For details of the call, please contact the following division in charge.
Reference: Outline of the Japan Pavilion
- Theme of the Japan Pavilion: Where ideas meet
- Period: From October 1, 2021, to March 31, 2022
- Lead-organizing ministry: METI
- Co-organizing ministries: The Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, and the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism
- Participating organization: The Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
- Area of the site: Approximately 5,161.8 square meters
Sponsors and special cooperator of the Japan Pavilion at the Expo 2020 Dubai
Division in Charge
International Exhibitions Promotion Office, Commerce and Service Industry Policy Group