December 24, 2020
The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) opens a new website called “Navigation of DX Step Courses for Learners Staying at Home” to present free-of-charge online courses with a variety of contents for people who wish to start learning digital skills.
1. Outline of this project
As companies have been accelerating their introduction of the digital transformation (DX) in recent years, digital skills are becoming essential for all workers. In addition, amid expansion of the novel coronavirus disease, more and more workers are raising awareness of re-learning at home to acquire new knowledge and skills.
In light of this situation, METI started a project for “Navigation of DX Step Courses for Learners Staying at Home,” in which a website presents a collection of information on online courses, and, recently, has called on private businesses to provide their contents free of charge to the website.
Against this backdrop, METI opens the web page within its website.
- Reference: Call for Private Businesses Willing to Provide Free-of-Charge Online Courses to Web Page “Navigation of DX Courses for Learners” (news release on November 9, 2020) (in Japanese)
2. Outline of the new website
METI considers that many people wish to learn new knowledge and skills while staying at home but have no ideas on the details of courses or even how to begin learning these skills.
This web page presents free-of-charge online courses for anyone who wishes to learn digital skills, aiming to provide them, who may not have had such learning occasions before, with occasions for starting new learning.
December 24 (Thur.), 2020
- This page presents a list of summarized information on the contents of all courses (title of course, provider of course, category and level of difficulty). If you click the title of a desired course, you can visit the page explaining detailed information on the course.
- You can limit the search scope by sorting categories, e.g., AI, data science, cloud computing and IoT as well as the level of difficulty (beginner, basic and expert courses). You can find a desired course by the field in which you are interested or the level of your skills.
- Pictures of the web page
Page explaining detailed information on each course
- This page explains detailed information on each course, e.g., the outline of the course, skills that learners are able to acquire, target learners, prerequisite knowledge and time required for attendance.
- Courses are provided by a variety of organizations and businesses.
- Picture of the website
3. Future schedule
At the opening of the new web page, it presents a list of over 50 courses providing a variety of contents. METI will continue to update the list.
Businesses wishing to provide any courses to the web page should contact the following division.
Email address: email@example.com
Personnel in charge of “Navigation of DX Step Courses for Learners Staying at Home,” IT Innovation Division, Commerce and Information Policy Bureau
Reference: Information on the Study Group on Human Resource Policies
In January 2021, METI will hold a series of meetings of the study group on new human resource policies toward development of such resources specializing in digital technologies.
Division in Charge
IT Innovation Division, Commerce and Information Policy Bureau