January 25, 2021
The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) has been encouraging the private sector to execute leadership in efforts for disseminating low-carbon technologies overseas and supporting developing countries in their transition to clean energy. The Cleaner Energy Future Initiative for ASEAN (CEFIA) is an initiative to advance the development of environments through businesses lead dissemination of low-carbon technologies, an initiative based on a proposal by the government of Japan.
METI hereby announces that the 2nd CEFIA Government-Private Forum will be held online on February 2, 2021. The forum will hold explanations on the current situations of CEFIA’s activities and discussions on approaches to activating financing for low-carbon technologies in the ASEAN region.
1. Outline of the program
At the 16th ASEAN+3 Ministers on Energy Meeting (AMEM+3) held in 2019, participants agreed to inaugurate CEFIA, a new initiative for government and private sector cooperation, based on a proposal by the government of Japan. For the purpose of advancing energy transition and low carbonization in the ASEAN region, CEFIA aims to advance dissemination of low carbon technologies and establishment of related polices and systems under the leadership of businesses.
Government-private sector forums are to be held on a regular basis under the initiative. The 2nd CEFIA Government-Private Forum will be held online on February 2, 2021. The forum will hold not only briefings on the current situations of CEFIA’s activities and discussions on approaches to activating financing for low-carbon technologies but also discussions on contributions to the ASEAN Plan of Action for Energy Cooperation (APAEC).
2. Date and other information
- Title of forum: 2nd CEFIA Government-Private Forum
- Date and time: February 2 (Tue.), 2021; from 11:00 to 17:30 (Japan local time)
- Host organization: Ministry of Energy, Thailand
- Secretariat: ASEAN Center for Energy
- Cooperator: METI
- Expected participants: Officials of ministries and agencies in member countries of ASEAN+3 and representatives of private companies
- Program: See Appendix 1 (this program is a tentative version.)
- Prior registration for attending the forum: If you wish to attend the forum, visit both of the following websites and complete prior registration, respectively.
- For prior registration of your information to attend the forum
- For prior registration for a video conference system
Note: The ASEAN+3 New and Renewable Energy (NRE) and Energy Efficiency and Conservation (EE&C) Forum, which will be held on February 3, 2021, is a forum only for government officials as participants. If you complete this prior registration, please select “2 Feb 2021 - 2nd Government-Private Forum on Cleaner Energy Future Initiative for ASEAN (CEFIA)” alone.