November 24, 2021
Japan Day (a National Day dedicated to Japan) will be held on December 11 (Sat.) at Expo 2020 Dubai which is currently underway. There will be events designed to convey the charm of Japan to the world and raise people's interest in Expo 2025 Osaka, Kansai.
Held for 182 days from October 1, 2021 (Fri.) to March 31, 2022 (Thu.), Expo 2020 Dubai is the first-ever registered expo in the Middle East and Africa. The Expo's program includes National Days to honor each participating nation. On December 11 (Sat.), Japan Day will be held as a National Day dedicated to Japan.
Japan Day's aims include showcasing Japanese culture, traditions, etc. and promoting international exchange with the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and other participating countries. The Day's program consists of events and experiences that will tie into Expo 2025 Osaka, Kansai in cooperation with various organizations.
Reference: Outline of the Japan Pavilion
- Theme of the Japan Pavilion: Where ideas meet
- Lead organizing ministry: METI
- Co-organizing ministries: The Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, and the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism
- Participating organization: The Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
- Area of the site: Approximately 5,161.8 square meters
- Period: From October 1, 2021, to March 31, 2022
- Japan Pavilion official website: URL
- Expo 2020 Dubai Japan Pavilion leaflet
For printing: URL
Division in Charge
International Exhibitions Promotion Office, Commerce and Service Industry Policy Group