August 30, 2022
On August 30 (Tue.), Mr. Nishimura Yasutoshi, Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry, received a courtesy call from the U.S.-Japan Business Council.
On August 30 (Tue.), Minister Nishimura received a courtesy call from Mr. Douglas Peterson, Chairman of the U.S.-Japan Business Council (USJBC), other USJBC members, and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. (Participants of the call are listed below.)
During the courtesy call, they affirmed the strong economic ties between the two countries, and exchanged views on the promotion of direct investments in Japan, semiconductors, supply chains, energy, and the Indo-Pacific Economic Framework (IPEF).
Participants from the USJBC and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Doug Peterson, President and CEO, S&P Global / USJBC Chairman
- David Goeckeler, CEO, Western Digital / USJBC Vice Chairman
- Manish Bhatia, Executive Vice President, Global Operations, Micron Technology
- Dan Brouillette, President, Sempra Infrastructure
- Lidia Fonseca, Chief Digital and Technology Officer, Executive Vice President, Pfizer
- Vivek Lall, Chief Executive, General Atomics Global Corporation
- Charles Freeman, Senior Vice President, Asia, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
Division in ChargeAmericas Division, Trade Policy Bureau