June 21, 2023
On June 21 (Wed.), 2023, in the presence of Minister Nishimura and Ambassador of the Netherlands to Japan Peter van der Vliet, the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) (Mr. KADOMATSU Takashi, Deputy Director General, Commerce and Information Policy Bureau and Policy Coordination) and the Ministry of Economy and Climate Policy of the Netherlands (Ms. Astrid Bronswijk, Manager, Innovation and Knowledge) signed a memorandum of cooperation (MOC) on semiconductors and other technologies.
On June 21, 2023, METI and the Ministry of Economy and Climate Policy of the Netherlands signed an MOC for promoting cooperation in the field of semiconductors and other technologies.
2. Highlights of the MOC
- Welcoming the existing cooperation between companies in semiconductors and otherrelated technological fields, such as photonics, and also promoting cooperation among the governments, industrial players, and research institutes.
- Sharing information on the current status of policies and international collaboration.
- Seeking the potential for bilateral programs in other related fields.
- Sharing awareness of the importance of research and development projects undertaken by Rapidus Corporation.
- Promoting cooperation between the Leading-edge Semiconductor Technology Center (LSTC) of Japan and the Competence Centres of the Netherlands.
Division in Charge
IT Industry Division, Commerce and Information Policy Bureau