- News Releases
- Back Issues
- June FY2022
- PHR Service Business Association (Tentative Name) to Be Established
PHR Service Business Association (Tentative Name) to Be Established
- Accelerating the creation of an environment where service industries that make use of Personal Health Records (PHRs) can flourish -
June 20, 2022
A PHR service makes use of a person's health and medical data (Personal Health Record - PHR) like health checkup information, pedometer records, and blood pressure data to allow users to utilize it in their daily life and during visits to medical institutions. PHR services show great promise as a new industry.
On June 16, 2022, 15 companies that offer PHR services (e.g., health apps, insurance, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices from various industries) came together and announced the establishment of the PHR Service Business Association (tentative name). They aim to establish the association in early FY2023.
The PHR Service Business Association (tentative name) will examine standardizing health and medical data held by various entities for its effective use, and developing rules to promote the improvement of the quality of PHR services.
METI will continue to work together with the association to help the PHR service industry grow in order to improve convenience for users and create new industries.
1. Outline of the event
Name: Announcement of the Establishment of the PHR Service Business Association (tentative name)
Date: June 16, 2022 (Thu.) 16:30-17:00
Venue: ANA InterContinental Hotel Tokyo
- Considerations concerning standards
- Considerations concerning quality of service
- Announcement of the "Statement regarding the Establishment of the Organization"
Participating companies (in the order of Japanese syllabary) / Attendees（The title of each executive was at the time of the event.）:
- HIKI Takeru, CEO, Welby, Inc.
- OKADA Yasushi, Representative Corporate Officer, COO, Eisai Co., Ltd.
- MAETA Toshihiro, President and CEO, MTI Ltd.
- OGINO Isao, Managing Executive Officer, OMRON Corporation, President and CEO, OMRON HEALTHCARE CO., LTD.
- MORITA Kei, Managing Executive Officer and Director, KDDI Corporation
- SAWADA Takuko, Director and Executive Vice President and Senior Vice President of Integrated Disease Care Division, SHIONOGI & Co., Ltd.
- NAKAMURA Kazuo, Ph.D., Representative Director, Chairman and CEO, CMIC HOLDINGS Co., Ltd.
- TAKADA Yukinori, Director, Representative Executive Officer, President & CEO, SUMITOMO LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY
- SAKURADA Kengo, Group CEO, Director, Chairman and Representative Executive Officer, Sompo Holdings, Inc.
- OKAMOTO Yasushi, President, TIS Inc.
- SAMEJIMA Hikaru, Group Senior Managing Executive Officer, President, Medical Care Solutions Company, Terumo Corporation
- SAWADA Jun, President and CEO, Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation
- NANNO Mitsunori, Representative Director & CEO, FiNC Technologies Inc.
- SUNADA Takayuki, President, Fujitsu Japan Limited
- HARA Seigo, MD, CEO, MICIN, Inc.
2. Summary of the results
SAKURADA Kengo, Group CEO, Director, Chairman, and Representative Executive Officer, Sompo Holdings, Inc.
- Japan is a treasure trove of practical health and medical data, and we can use that data to provide solutions.
- In order to spur innovation in the private sector in this field, it is necessary to have a cross-sector cooperative meeting body, not a fragmented industry, and that is what the PHR Service Business Association is.
- We will develop the PHR service industry always thinking about what we can do for our customers. We will extend healthy lifespans, improve labor productivity, and strengthen international competitiveness by making a concerted effort throughout Japan. We will tirelessly continue this important work in accordance with the statement.
NAKAMURA Kazuo, Ph. D., Representative Director, Chairman and CEO, CMIC HOLDINGS Co., Ltd.
- Promoting utilization of lifelong PHR will lead more advanced medical care at lower costs, which is significant to society.
- Examining standardization is not a simple task, but we will proceed to do so while being aware of globalization and technological evolution.
MORITA Kei, Managing Executive Officer and Director, KDDI Corporation
- While PHR services are related to users' health, the quality control of those services has been entrusted to the provider.
- We will compile rules and concepts that lead to service quality, thereby helping improve the overall quality and reliability of the industry.
- The main issues to consider are, for the short term, concepts for protecting personal information and ensuring security and how to provide recommendations, and in the medium- to long-term, how to rate services including user-friendliness.
3. For inquiries related to the associationPHR Service Business Association (tentative name) establishment preparation office (Accenture plc)
Contact: Wada, Matsumoto, Mukai