September 30, 2022
On September 28 (Wed.), the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) and the Clean Fuel Ammonia Association (CFAA) held the Second International Conference on Fuel Ammonia (ICFA2022) as a Japan-led platform, gathering representatives from industry, international organizations, and government. It was attended by more than 1,500 people from 9 countries.
At this conference, the government and private sectors’ strategic efforts which have been further expanded since the previous conference were introduced and discussed with the aim of building stable, affordable, flexible fuel ammonia value chains and markets. The conference affirmed the progress of international cooperation on fuel ammonia in the past year.
Date and time:September 28 (Wed.), 2022, 18:00 to 21:00
Number of participants:About 1,570
Number of participating countries, etc.:9 counties and 2 organizations
2. Major participants
- Mr. NISHIMURA Yasutoshi, Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry
- H.E. Arifin TASRIF, Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources, Republic of Indonesia
- H.E. Ms. Inga M. W. Nyhamar, Ambassador of Norway
- Mr. SADAMORI Keisuke, Director, Energy Markets and Security International Energy Agency (IEA)
- Mr. TERAZAWA Tatsuya Chairman and CEO The Institute of Energy Economics, Japan (IEEJ)
- Mr. ONODA Satoshi JERA Co., Inc. President
- Mr. IDE Hiroshi IHI Corporation President Chief Executive Officer
- Public-Private Council on Fuel Ammonia ‘Fuel ammonia supply cost analysis’ (interim report) by the fuel ammonia supply chain public-private task force was released.
- The International Energy Agency (IEA) presented the interim report on ‘Role of low-emissions fuels in managing seasonal variability of renewables.’
- ‘Co-firing of Clean Ammonia for Decarbonization in Asia’ by the Institute of Energy Economics, Japan (IEEJ) was issued.
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was signed between Japanese and US companies concerning development of low-carbon ammonia production at the Port of Corpus Christi.
- A summary statement of the conference was released, with a view toward building stable, affordable, and flexible fuel ammonia supply chains and markets.
- SUMMARY STATEMENT - The Second International Conference on Fuel Ammonia (ICFA 2022)(PDF:143KB)
- The fuel ammonia supply chain public-private task force the interim report
Division in Charge
Ammonia Team, Policy Planning Division, Natural Resources and Fuel Department, Agency for Natural Resources and Energy